Saint-Georges Bridge

Reconstruction

Client
République et Canton de Genève
Location
Geneva
Year
1970 - 1972

The Saint-Georges Bridge was built for the first time in 1882, becoming an important artery for the development of the city towards the left bank of the Arve river. Its construction has encouraged several well-known companies to come and settle in the region.

This bridge was rebuilt and modernised in the 1970s and it is part nowadays of the general traffic network that connects the semi-highway called “des Jeunes” to the Jonction neighbourhood until the Cornavin main station.

Since 2007, the tram crosses this bridge as part of the extension project between the Cornavin main station and Bernex neighbourhood.

`