Restoration and transformation
The construction of the church that we know today dates from 1441-1446. This building, because of its historical nature, is therefore naturally listed as a Swiss cultural property of national importance.
In the 1980s and 1990s, the building underwent extensive restoration and transformation works that followed the evolution of important archaeological excavations.
Our office has actively collaborated on this vast restoration programme alongside two other similar projects: Saint-Pierre Cathedral in Geneva and the Swiss National Museum in Prangins Castle.